04 November 2012

RUPERT MURDOCH'S HOMOPHOBIA REACHES NEW LEVELS OF HOMOPHOBIC HYSTERIA! - ALEX GREENWICH TO THE RESCUE!

Rupert Murdoch is infamous for his homophobia, and every time one thinks he can't sink any lower, he does!! The article below, from the online UK Gay Star News on 30 October 2012, is one of the latest illustrations of this disgusting, disgraceful organisation!

Gay Star News from UK - 30 October 2012

Right-wing newspaper greets gay candidate’s election victory with slurs Australia’s Daily Telegraph prints article that ‘leaks’ newly elected Sydney MP Alex Greenwich’s ‘party past’

By Anna Leach

Australia’s Daily Telegraph newspaper greeted the landslide victory of marriage equality campaigner Alex Greenwich with a story that ‘leaked’ his ‘party past’. The article attempted to disparage Greenwich, who has worked with utmost professionalism as national convenor of Australian Marriage Equality and during his election campaign for independent MP for Sydney, which he won by a wide margin on Saturday.

In a piece that appears to be motivated by homophobia, journalist Andrew Clennell reveals that Greenwich ‘used to organise risque beach parties at Bondi to raise cash for gay lifesavers’.

Discussing the parties, Greenwich said the Star Observer:

‘I’m really proud of the work we did in raising funds for charities like Movember and Lifesavers with Pride… There’s nothing secret about these parties, they were open and on the public record it was reported at the time; obviously they are trying to beat up this in an attempt to try and sledge me, but I think The Daily Telegraph attempts to sledge me have backfired.’

Clennell also described Greenwich as ‘the latest homosexual in parliament’. In response Greenwich tweeted:

‘I've dealt with homophobia ever since coming out. The Daily Telegraph's headline on me is water off a gay ducks back.’

On his Facebook page, Greenwich posted a photo of him and previous Sydney MP Clover Moore at a children’s dance class with the tongue-in-cheek message:

‘Because I like dance music so much, I spent the morning at Junior Jivers at the Wayside Chapel. Clover and I enjoyed doing the hokey pokey together... don't tell the telegraph!’

Greenwich’s predecessor Clover Moore tweeted: ‘Yes, he’s gay & hosted fundraisers - but @alexgreenwich also admitted to me that he used to play bridge’.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RED JOS - ACTIVIST KICKS BACKS



Welcome to my blog and let me know what you think about my postings.


My web pages also have a wide range of topics which are added to when possible. Look for them in any search engine under

"RED JOS"




I hope you find items of interest!

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Preston, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
90 years old, political gay activist, hosting two web sites, one personal: http://www.red-jos.net one shared with my partner, 94-year-old Ken Lovett: http://www.josken.net and also this blog. The blog now has an alphabetical index: http://www.red-jos.net/alpha3.htm

Labels