12 June 2019

ADAM GOODES, THE AFL, RACISM, HOMOPHOBIA - AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN

How much longer are those who run the AFL going to get away with the unpleasant circumstances surrounding the Adam Goodes affair which ruined his playing career and set a precedent for other players of colour to feel that they are not welcome in the AFL?

How many gay players have been prevented from being themselves because of the ever present homophobia in AFL administration?

If it hadn't been for the release of the film about the Adam Goodes story, nothing would ever have been done to address the issue of racism in the organisation.

The period we are living in is the 21st century, yet in some ways we are no better off than we were in the last century and the preceding ones.

I am not a sport lover, but I am very much against racism, homophobia and extreme hate in all its many forms.

Of course we know that the government aids and abets all of these issues because our governments still operate on the divide and rule principle.

It has got to stop and it has got to be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RED JOS - ACTIVIST KICKS BACKS



Welcome to my blog and let me know what you think about my postings.


My web pages also have a wide range of topics which are added to when possible. Look for them in any search engine under

"RED JOS"




I hope you find items of interest!

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Preston, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
90 years old, political gay activist, hosting two web sites, one personal: http://www.red-jos.net one shared with my partner, 94-year-old Ken Lovett: http://www.josken.net and also this blog. The blog now has an alphabetical index: http://www.red-jos.net/alpha3.htm

Labels